All 54 art Reviews

Starscream Starscream

My favorite 80s cartoon character!!!!

Pin-ups 'n' starters // Litten // Pin-ups 'n' starters // Litten //

This one is much better. I think the facial expressions are what's missing compared to your 2D work. This still looks very stiff but a HUGE improvement over the Rowlet one. Keep it up!!! I bet the next one will be improved by leaps and bounds over this one.

BTW, I really dig this subject. The corset, the bondage aspect, the profile of her body.

Mojabrantes responds:

Thanks dude, I really appreciate it :3

Pin-ups 'n' starters // Rowlet // Pin-ups 'n' starters // Rowlet //

I much prefer your non-3D work. This is good, but nothing special. You other pinups are exceptionally good. I take it you are getting acquainted with 3D?

Mojabrantes responds:

Absolutely !
I'm a cg artist (modeling, render, etc...)
I was curious about what I could achieve by mixing some 3d render and paint over it.
I understand what you said, some people like it, other don't, after all, there is a gap between this Rowlet and the other girls ^^
Thanks for your review, I appreciate it :3

SketchesIV SketchesIV

I know these are insect-like and not plants but I can;t help but think of The Long Afternoon of Earth by Brian Aldiss. You might find some inspiration for your next set of sketches?

(Reminiscing) Portrait Study No.5 (Reminiscing) Portrait Study No.5

This is beautiful. I'd argue that your painting is better than the real life subject.

rainwalker007 responds:

Oh thank you :) I judt would say that "she" is absolutely gorgeous in both situations ^_^

Moon Shroom Moon Shroom

I really dig your style. Question for you: Are you free handing this on one side only and then using some program to mirror it. Aside from some of the overlay FX, the main art looks mirrored. Great attention to detail!!!

MintyFreshThoughts responds:

Hey thanks. Yeah I actually free hand the original drawing mirrored, but for the sake of perfection I usually mirror using photoshop.

The King in Yellow The King in Yellow

The 2 creatures on the sides remind me of the Martians from the 1986 movie Invaders from Mars. Just need a big gun orb on the sides of their heads.

Endling Hymn Endling Hymn

The pattern/effect you use for the grass with the nested squares. Is that something you do manually or is that some kind of brush/plugin?

Late knight sketch - Samurai Vs Knight Late knight sketch - Samurai Vs Knight

I certainly like the history of knights over the history of feudal Japan, but I even though the plate armor would deflect most strikes, I feel the nimbleness of the samurai would allow him to use more piercing shots that might get through some of the openings in the armor. He's just going to be way faster and accurate than the knight.

Kiabugboy responds:

Ah, I thought so too, but then I remembered that the katana is a slashing weapon while to pierce the gaps in the plates, a puncturing sword like the European ones would be most effective.

You might be right on the speed thing though :p that two-handed sword is probably pretty heavy to wield

Daily Imagination #355 - The Hulk Daily Imagination #355 - The Hulk

Pouty-face Hulk. The way his chin returns upwards makes him looked pinched. I'd prefer to see it more level with a bigger chin. If this was Gray Hulk this might work since Grey Hulk was more intellectual, less savage.

Xephio responds:

You're right, this one looks too handsome