View Profile johnjohn0421

23 Movie Reviews

You really should put this up on Youtube for a wider audience. Very clever.

I dislike the music, very boring, but the video is really cool. It has a Ralph Bakshi vibe (like Cool World) to it.

Pretty funny.... you gotta upload this to Youtube.

47 Game Reviews

[EDIT SEP15]
Since the update, the game does not render. You can see the "wand" cursor, but just a black screen
[END EDIT]

Love everything about this! Fantastic rogue-like, with plenty of power ups, super simple game mechanics. Simply awesome!

I very unique problem solving game. I really love this.

RealBeardroid responds:

Thank you a lot. I really enjoyed doing this game.

I really enjoyed this. QR codes worked just fine for me. I also noticed the hints in the map. I would like to see more. I docked you a half star because a) yeah... the character movement is a little slow and b) the boss wasn't challenging in the least bit. Otherwise 4.5 stars!

What did you use to make this? Any libraries, tech, etc? Love the Zelda-ish dungeon design.

Wolod responds:

Thanks! Glad that you enjoyed Knightin'! I'm a huge fan of early Zelda games myself. Game was made with Construct 2 engine. Graphics were drawn in paint.NET

3 Audio Reviews

I pretty good melody and harmony. You could do much more with this. And because it's so raw at this point, you could apply it to so many different genres. I hear electronic, pop and even maybe melodic metal. Keep it up and refine it!

Love funk. This is 5 pts, but 0.5 pt deduction because the low end bass line sounds too MIDI. When you're playing it on the upper strings, it sounds legit, but the low E string? sounds too fake for my liking. Great arrangement.

AgentOrangeXx responds:

Thanks for the feed back. Though the bass is from a real bass I didn't use any midi sounds for it. I rarely use any Midi instruments or presets. Even the brass was a friend of mine playing several different instruments and I sort of just piled them on top of each other to make it sound like a big band

solo section is really gnarly dude!

ThatJohnnyGuy responds:

thanks!

66 Art Reviews

This reminds me of some of Journey's album artwork. Hey! That's an idea, get this made into a holographic print?? Would make an awesome CD liner

BelieveTheHorror responds:

Oh, you honour me- That stuff is awesome! And I would if I had any idea how to go about it xD Thanks for the suggestion though, might look into it :)

You should consider doing Technical Death Metal album covers. This is straight up Scar Symmetry stuff right here.

Kamikaye responds:

If that would be a career you could count me in :P

I dunno who the character is, but this is so fluid and smooth. Reminds me of some of the Genesis games from the 90s, Blackthorne or Flashback. I would LOVE to have animations like this in the game I am developing. Do you do any game work?

Joined on 9/30/14